Corporate - Environmental Policy
The A.W. Jenkinson group of companies are professional and environmentally conscious organisations, which acknowledge the potential environmental impact of their operations.
The management and supervisors are responsible for the implementation of the Environmental Policy and for ensuring environmental issues receive full consideration during day-to-day operations. A core objective of the group is to minimise any environmental impact:
- By preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring, wherever practicable, that measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna.
- By considering the effects company operations may have on the local community.
- By taking action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts, including the assessment of all new plant, vehicles and operations for their compliance with best-practice environmental standards.
- By promoting environmental awareness amongst the company’s suppliers, contractors and partners through the effective implementation of operational procedures.
- By seeking to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner.
- By ensuring effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
- By requiring all employees and sub-contractors to cooperate and assist in the implementation of AWJ’s environmental policies, whilst also ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment.
A.W. Jenkinson Forest Products complies with all its legislative obligations and follows best available practice as set out by the UK Environment Agencies, the Health and Safety Executive and other relevant bodies.
As part of the company’s commitment to maintaining the highest levels of environmental management, A.W. Jenkinson is currently working towards stringent ISO14001 environmental accreditation throughout its operations.
A.W. Jenkinson Forest Products takes all practical steps to ensure that potential environmental risks and hazards are identified and that effective control measures are implemented. Every employee is provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of these policies.
These policies and procedures are fully endorsed by Allan Jenkinson, and are regularly monitored and reviewed to ensure they remain effective, current and applicable to the company’s activities.